Working at Nutmeg Consulting
Nutmeg Consulting LLC specializes in providing high-quality Information Technology services and consulting to businesses and non-profits in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Learn more about us here.
- We Offer:
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Health Insurance
- Profit Sharing
College Intern Position
PLEASE NOTE: This position is dependent upon receipt of Grant Funding for this project.
INTERN JOB OPENING
Develop Multi-media Training Material
Nutmeg Consulting, LLC specializes in providing high quality Information Technology (IT) and Project Management services and products targeted at small business and the non-profit sector.
Currently, Nutmeg Consulting will be coordinating the deployment and training of an information system that supports agencies that are focused on assisting the homeless population in CT. The system is used in over 100 agencies and we support over 650 active users across the state.
• Compensation – Commensurate with experience
• Duration –Summer 2013 (to continue part-time during the fall/spring academic semester)
• Hours per week - 35
• Expected Start Date – 05/20/2013
• Expected End Date – 02/28/2014
An initiative is underway to upgrade the training components allowing for on-demand / online access to augment the classroom experience. An important area for this project will be providing online training through a combination of video and interactive multimedia material distributed via a Learning Management System (LMS). We are looking for an intern to help design, develop and maintain the online learning, as well as update helpdesk resources and documentation for this project.
• Assist in the production of video and slide-based training material as well as edit and publish this material to the Learning Management System (LMS). The intern will also work with our implementation team to assist our helpdesk staff by producing new material as needed as the project is rolled out. The candidate will coordinate with instructors, technical experts and administrative staff to perform web, graphic and video design, editing, production and documentation.
• A very solid understanding of computer use and strong familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite, Graphic/Web design skills are a large plus and someone with Video/Audio editing experience is especially preferred. The position and challenges would be varied and require solid problem solving skills, the ability to research potential solutions and learn new skill sets when faced with new problems and requirements. The individual must be a self-starter, who is able to ask for assistance when needed.
• A variety of tools will be utilized to complete this project that include but are not limited to:
Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Moodle (LMS), Articulate Studio.
Tina Cormier, Business Manager
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and contact information