When it comes to HUD, other sources of funding and the community you serve, it’s likely you have a lot of data and reporting needs on your plate. How is your organization handling it all? Is it time for a different approach that makes it easier than ever to sift through the data, find the missing pieces and cut down on the legwork? Discover how our HMIS tool can be that difference-maker.
Are You Wasting Hours Sifting Through Data?
Errors and missing data can set your organization back – those mistakes must be cleaned up before submitting your data to HUD or uploading to Sage or SSVF or the RHY repository. Between uncovering the source of the error and identifying exactly what information is missing, it’s a lot of legwork.
Then explaining the data sets to executives can be another difficult task, as many organizations’ current set-ups do not allow for individuals to understand performance in an easy-to-digest way. This, in turn, makes it difficult to see the impact you’re having on the community.
Here are some signs it’s time for a new plan for your data:
- You don’t have a clear, easy-to-use process to identify anomalies and outliers.
- There are no checks in place that help you find missing, inconsistent or incorrect data.
- Your team is spending too much time checking data and finding necessary information.
- They’re having to enter duplicate details because there’s no easy way to check households against individual clients.
- Your team can’t quickly verify interviewers’ findings.
- It’s difficult to identify the areas where you want your agency to improve, such as reducing the length of time for someone to move from a shelter to a new location, due to difficult-to-read reports and incomplete information.
- You find it hard to share the data and reports with the team at all levels of the organization, and, for many, they don’t understand the information they’re being presented in its current state.
- You don’t have a readily accessible data summary report card to share with your staff, executive team or board members.
Our HMIS Tool Can Be Your New Data Plan
If you’re constantly facing an overwhelming amount of data, fixing mistakes and having to explain the information to higher-ups, Nutmeg Consulting’s HMIS tool can be the answer. Our data management resource reads CSV files and parses them into a summary table. Right away, you’ll be able to see a clear list of issues based on the data quality values that HUD and other funders consider vital, whether for annual or semi-annual reporting. Your team will also be able to create reports that are simple to read and follow. The tool will provide a data summary report card. Clearly showing the data elements where your agency is excelling as well as which data elements need improvement.
With our HMIS tool, your organization will be able to:
Create Better, Clearer Priority Lists
With current resources, many organizations find it difficult to determine which issues they should tackle first when it comes to data. However, our HMIS tool allows you to see data completeness scores, so your team knows exactly what has to be targeted right away without the guesswork.
Cut Down on the Back and Forth
When you’re presented with missing data and errors, it can be difficult to know exactly what’s causing the problem and takes extra work to figure it out. Instead, our resource makes it easy to identify exactly what’s wrong and what’s needed to fix it. You can save time and effort – which can then be used to help the community further.
Take Advantage of User-Friendly Formatting
Many HUD-required reports are designed with only HUD in mind. As a result, explaining how well your approaches are or aren’t working to executives not familiar with the data isn’t always easy, especially if they aren’t tech-savvy. Instead, our HMIS tool not only eliminates the technical skill needed to read the data but also allows you to export by issue or by household. You no longer have to know how to parse the data – the tool does it all for you.
And thanks to the easy-to-read formatting, your team and executives will be able to quickly identify where where progress is being made and what areas need a little extra work.
Make Data Management Simple with Our HMIS Tool
Collecting data is already a lot of work – making sense of it shouldn’t be. Our HMIS tool is a unique resource that will make it easier than ever to manage, export and read your data, without the headaches and with less legwork than ever before. What is most important, is our data tool works with any HMIS patform.
Cut Down on Data Management Headaches and Schedule a Call with Us for a Demo